Thursday, January 18, 2007

China Days

Good China days
  • when clear skies open up the view and air is easy to breathe
  • joyful taxi rides when drivers know where they are going, are quiet or sing and car is clean
  • when I realise that systems have improved: new highways, less cues in banks, easy access to internet :D
  • weekend hikes
  • esoteric chats with friends
  • clean restaurants and great service
  • new discoveries about chinese ways of thinking which makes life so much easier
Bad China days
  • polution beyond acceptable
  • new taxi drivers whose cars smell and they can't stop talking about their assumptions of where I come from, who I am and what I think
  • feeling trapped in Beijing traffic
  • friends leaving China and feeling of loneliness
  • MSG in food
  • facing Chinese ways of dealing with reality that makes me assume Chinese people are ignorant and so not interested to work together on solving problems

No comments: