Thursday, May 17, 2007

Prayer and Politics

I don't like politics. I actually haven't watched more than 5 hours of any kind of news since 1999. News remind me of shopping in China - you never know if you got the fair price. If you like bargaining then it is a heaven but if you like to shop quickly and easily - it is a nightmare that often ends with a question - have I been cheated?

In past few days my email and sms have been buzzing: Serbia won Eurovision song contest! I have to admit I was really happy to hear that and thought - finally there is some good for Serbia to be noticed for. No more war, no more crimes - it is a song and apparently well done. After all, people voted for it. So I googled Molitva (Prayer - name of the song) and Eurovision and checked YouTube to hear (see) the song. I thought it was nice, the energy was apparent and Marija was herself, natural and powerful.

And then surprise: another video on YouTube states that the song was stolen from Albanian performer. No comment, really - I don't like politics. And then news from Serbia saying that Marija won as compensation for Kosovo - how nice, others say that she is lesbian - how fantastic!

Just out of curiosity, I really want to know - how many people thought that Sinatra sold so many records because he was with mafia and how many thought that Melissa Etheridge shouldn't have won Oscar because she is lesbian?

No comments: